Upcoming Partner Programming
SAS generally does not organize standalone conferences, workshops, or networking events. Instead, we focus on finding existing events worldwide and supporting them with organizational assistance, social media promotion, and funding. The Society currently has an official relationship with the following events regarding co-sponsorship, symposium organization, or an awards program:
- Australasian Research Cluster for Archaeological Science: March 19-20, 2021, virtual and free SAS is a conference co-sponsor, including awarding two student prizes and providing benefits for Indigenous Australian presenters at ARCAS.
- Society for American Archaeology Annual Meeting: April 15-17, 2021, virtual meeting SAS is sponsoring the symposium "Constructing Chronologies II: The Big Picture with Bayes and Beyond" in 2021.
- International Obsidian Conference 2021: April 30-May 2, 2021, virtual and free SAS is a conference co-sponsor and will award the R.E. Taylor student poster prize at IOC instead of the SAA annual meeting in 2021.
- The Great Scientific Exchange: September 26-October 1, 2021, Providence, USA (with a virtual alternative if needed) SAS will be organizing and co-sponsoring two invited speaker symposiums in the Art & Archaeology section of SciX 2021.
- 43rd International Symposium on Archaeometry: May 16-20, 2022, Lisbon, Portugal (postponed from May 2020) SAS is a conference-wide sponsor and will award a second iteration of the R.E. Taylor Student Poster prize there.